Sunday, September 21, 2008

Loving...



...Couture Millinery! There is something so classic and nostalgia-inducing about the days in which women attended the horse races in beautiful gowns topped off by amazing headpieces. Perhaps its because as a child the horse race scene in My Fair Lady was my favorite, or just because I'm a firm believer in dressing up, but I LOVE extravagant hair pieces. Leah C. is by far my favorite couture millinery designer and has a range of styles from bridal, to cocktail, to "the aviary" ( a self-declared place where birds and butterflys coexist...swoon). Because really, who wants to have to wait until their wedding day to wear beautifully colored feathers, veils, and jewels in their hair? Lucky for me, the feathered hair pieces are making a comeback. check out Urban Outfitters for a huge selection of feathered hair accessories. Now I just have to work up the guts to sit in lecture with half a small bird on my head...

No comments: